Disclosure: Butterball provided me with a turkey gift check, as well as two other turkey gift checks to giveaway, in exchange for a post. All opinions are 100% my own.
I feel like the weeks are just flying by lately. For some odd reason, it’s almost summer, and I’m still finding random ornaments around the house (I was failing at being Pinterest-y last holiday season). Last night, we decided to cut the grass, and it was the first time of the year where I was wiping sweat like crazy. Only a few short months until fall, right?
Since it’s been heating up outside, I’ve been cooking less and less. I’m just drained after a long work day, and even though I don’t spend much time outside in the summer months, it somehow tires me out. I’m all about quick, simple recipes that don’t involve heating up the entire house right now, and these burgers are it. They come together very quickly, and involves very little ingredients.
Easy Turkey Burgers
Source: an original
- 1 lb. 97% lean Butterball ground turkey
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Optional toppings, such as Butterball turkey bacon, sliced cheese, and sliced avocado (my favorites).
- Mix the turkey, Worcestershire sauce, cajun seasoning, and garlic powder together by hand in a bowl. Be sure not to over-mix the ingredients.
- Split the meat into four portions and flatten them into patties. Top each side of the patties with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Cook the patties in a grill pan over medium heat, flipping once, until cooked all the way through. If you want a cheeseburger, during the last minute of cooking, add the slice of cheese on top of the burger, allowing it to melt.
- Add toppings as desired and enjoy!
Now, another about these burgers is that they are a lot more calorie-friendly than a typical burger. I love that Butterball definitely offers some options for healthier cooking with their turkey products. I know it’s normal to think about Butterball in the cooler months (for Thanksgiving and Christmas meals), but they also offer products like ground turkey, turkey burger patties, turkey bacon and turkey sausage, which you can use year-round.
The generous folks at Butterball are offering a $20 gift check (good for turkey products and groceries) to TWO readers of The Nifty Foodie.
Enter the giveaway using the Rafflecopter widget below (continental US readers only):
Note: This giveaway is supplied by Butterball, and is open to readers in the continental US only. Entries will be accepted until June 26th, 2015 at 11:59pm (central standard time). Winner will be emailed (make sure you leave an email address in the form), and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.