Yesterday was mother’s day, and I got a call from mom to go to the grocery store to pick up a sugar free dessert for my grandma’s dinner that she was making. (Grandma is diabetic). I figured, I could make a great dessert for the family in a pinch that would go with the spaghetti dinner. It’s a faux tiramisu trifle!
- 16 oz. sugar free cool whip (ideally but the store only had fat free)
- 8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese (it actually has 1 g less sugar than fat free!)
- Sugar Free instant chocolate pudding mix (large box)
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 cups 1% milk
- Sugar Free Angel Food cake
- Grated chocolate (didn’t use for grandma’s sake but thought this would be great to add)
Thaw cool whip and soften cream cheese. Fold 1/2 of cool whip into cream cheese and put aside. Prepare chocolate pudding by mixing 2 cups of milk with coffee, whisk, then add pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes (this has less milk that required to keep it firmer). Cube angel food cake or cut into 3 rings. Layer trifle as such…cake, cream cheese cool whip, pudding…then when the last layer of cake is laid, add remaining cool whip on top. Add grated chocolate on top, and refridgerate until serving.
(Sorry, I’m not a writer, but this took 10 minutes to make and was WONDERFUL!)
I can’t calculate the recipe b/c Spark Recipes doesn’t have Sugar Free Angel Food Cake in it’s database .