I ended up noticing while making the Pumpkin cake, that we had some pretty ripe bananas on the counter. So, I forked out a recipe I’ve been eyeing for quite some time and went to work on this!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (omitted)Directions:
- Grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Add butter, eggs, nuts, and mashed banana. Beat until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
This bread was OK, but I think next time, I’m going to look for a recipe using MORE bananas. It had a pretty subtle banana flavor, and I wanted more! I love bananas!