I receive the Kraft Food & Family magazine, which by the way is FREE! If you don’t have a subscription, get one. It’s a great source for easy recipes and ideas!
I found this recipe for chicken fajitas and decided that I should try to make this happen for my fiance and I. This recipe was great, though I think next time, I’ll sear the chicken before putting it in the foil pack. It’s a definite try and super easy clean-up wise, since the chicken is in the foil!
It’s not the most photographic dish, but it’s still pretty good!
Foil Pack Chicken Fajitas
- 1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 Tbsp. TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 1 each: green and red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick ‘N Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Taco Cheese
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Fold up all sides of each of four 18×12-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil to form 1-inch rim; spray foil with cooking spray. Combine rice, water and taco seasoning; spoon evenly onto centers of foil. Top evenly with remaining ingredients.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165ºF). Let stand 5 min. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets.
I’m entering this for Joelen’s Tasty Tools event for this month. The tool of the month is Baking sheets, and of course, I used a baking sheet to hold the foil chicken up and to catch anything that leaked out!