The What’s Cooking board recently had a Holiday Treat recipe exchange. Thanks so much to Tara from Smells Like Home for organizing this!! I submitted the cranberry white chocolate pistachio biscotti I recently made, and received this interesting recipe for Chocolate Shot cookies.
The original submitter, The Milkman’s Wife of Milk & Honey mentioned that while these cookies don’t seem like much, they are amazing. I was really surprised! These are thin little cookies with a nice crunch and taste to them. You can’t even tell there is oatmeal in them!!
Chocolate Shot Cookies
Source: The Milkman’s Wife’s mom, Nadine M.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal (rolled oats or quick oats – whichever you prefer)
- Chocolate sprinkles for rolling
- With electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar, beating until fluffy. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Stir together the flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture, beat until combined. Stir in oatmeal and mix well. Chill dough for a half hour. Shape dough into log and roll in chocolate sprinkles. (so that when you slice the cookies you have a border of chocolate sprinkles around the edges of every cookie)
- Slice cookies about ¼ inch thick and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.