My fiance and I are currently changing our lifestyle around to less eating out and more healthy cooking. I recently made this chicken from Food Network’s website that encouraged me to buy Ellie Krieger’s “The Food You Crave”.
This chicken was pretty darn tasty!! Here’s the recipe!
Oven Fried Chicken
Source: Ellie Krieger
- 1/2 sleeve (about 20) whole-grain salted crackers, pulsed in a food processor until fine (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups corn cereal flakes, pulsed in a food processor to fine crumbs (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup lowfat, plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 medium sized skinless chicken breasts and 4 skinless chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry (about 3 1/2 pounds chicken)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Combine the crackers and corn cereal crumbs, sesame seeds, cayenne, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, yogurt, Dijon mustard, and salt. Add the chicken pieces and coat thoroughly with the yogurt mixture.
- One at a time, dip the chicken pieces in the cracker mixture, packing crumbs onto chicken. Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet and spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife.