My fiance and I are currently changing our lifestyle around to less eating out and more healthy cooking. I recently made this chicken from Food Network’s website that encouraged me to buy Ellie Krieger’s “The Food You Crave”.
This chicken was pretty darn tasty!! 🙂 Here’s the recipe!
Oven Fried Chicken
Source: Ellie Krieger
- 1/2 sleeve (about 20) whole-grain salted crackers, pulsed in a food processor until fine (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups corn cereal flakes, pulsed in a food processor to fine crumbs (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup lowfat, plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 medium sized skinless chicken breasts and 4 skinless chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry (about 3 1/2 pounds chicken)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Combine the crackers and corn cereal crumbs, sesame seeds, cayenne, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, yogurt, Dijon mustard, and salt. Add the chicken pieces and coat thoroughly with the yogurt mixture.
- One at a time, dip the chicken pieces in the cracker mixture, packing crumbs onto chicken. Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet and spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife.