I like to peruse The Nest a lot. I read forums about cooking (of course), gardening, financial matters and fitness. I found this blog on the health & fitness forum and I’m SO glad I did. Amanda of Random Ramblings posted this great recipe that I just had to try. It’s W/W friendly and involves PIZZA. I’m there!
Baked Pizza Casserole
Source: adapted from Random Ramblings
- 1 lb lean beef
- 1 can chunky italian tomato sauce
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (We used 1 1/2 cups…I love cheese!)
- 1 refrigerated roll of pizza dough
- 1/2 tsp. each of oregano, marjoram and basil
- 1 tsp. each of salt and pepper
- Brown meat in a pot and add spices during the cooking time. Add tomato sauce and stir together.
- Put meat mixture into pan. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Add cheese and cook another 5 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Spray a 9×13 pan (or use parchment like I did) and spread dough onto bottom. Make sure it goes up the side a little to catch the toppings when you put them in the pan.
Serves: 6 POINTS* value: 8 (since I added extra cheese!)