I love meatballs and spaghetti. It’s one of my childhood favorites, but it’s not a regular on the dinner menu since I’m a huge pasta lover and it’s not exactly diet friendly. I was thawing ground turkey with absolutely NO idea on what to make. I wasn’t in the mood for burgers or tacos, so my husband brought up meatballs and spaghetti. Since he’s not much of a pasta fan, this was a surprise to me, but man, hearing that brought on a huge craving. I had to make it!
I’m all about shortcuts on a weeknight, so I bought canned marinara. I mixed Classico’s Cabernet Marinara with Target brand’s Three Cheese and just spiced it from there. For the pasta, we used Ronzoni’s Smart Taste pasta.
As far as meatballs go, here is my recipe, which is a definite winner…even my husband loved them! I adapted it from a recipe I found on Aimee’s Adventures, which is a W/W friendly recipe website, and it came out wonderful!
adapted from Aimee’s Adventures
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Form into appx. 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until fully cooked.
The Skinny – per meatball, Makes 22-24 meatballs (calculated at 22 meatballs)
Fat: 2.6 g
Fiber: 0.1 g