I can’t believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away! The hubs and I are so very excited to have our families spend their holiday in our little house. We’re having 11 people over! It’s unbelievable.
At first, I was really trying to plan how to make all of the food, but over the past week, our parents have really insisted on bringing more and more food. It’s to the point to where we are only making about 1/2 of the food that we originally planned on making. To me, that’s fabulous, because I have more time to make the house pretty!
This weekend, I plan on putting up our tree. I know it’s early, but really, my family never has seen our house in full-on holiday glory, so I’m giving that to them (and me…I love Christmas!).
I’m excited about all of the little last minute preparations that we’ll be doing, including:
- washing/ironing cloth napkins (which we’ve never used before!)
- setting table up with the cute decorations I have planned
- buying cheap dollar store food containers so we can push tons of food away to family
- the grocery shopping
- making a plan for how the food will be laid out
- decorating the inside of the house for Christmas (don’t judge)
Are you excited about Thanksgiving?