Another classic that just screams Thanksgiving for my family is my mom’s sweet potato casserole. I made it a little lighter by using products from Splenda, and wow, was it delicious!
Mom’s Sweet Potato Casserole
- 7 large sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup of butter (used 1 tbsp. of smart balance)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (used 1/4 cup splenda br. sugar)
- 1/2 cup gran sugar (used 1/4 cup splenda blend)
- 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- Boil sweet potatoes until fork tender. Allow potatoes to cool.
- Peel sweet potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Mash using a hand or stand mixer.
- Cream butter, milk in with the potatoes. Add the sugars, eggs, spices and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Bake at 425 in a 9×13 pan for 15 minutes, or until brown.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows on top, turn on the broiler and bake with the oven door open until they brown.