A couple of weeks ago, I went to a local nestie GTG to meet up with some gals that I “talk” to on the forums. There was so much food to be had there, and I made sure to try a little bit of everything. One of the nesties brought these little bars, and WOW are these bars just amazing! She insisted that they were super easy to make, and boy, were they! I made a batch of these to include in the family holiday tins, and of course, snuck a few bars for me as well. 🙂
Source: MrsSpell of the Baton Rouge Nestie Boards
- 1 c. sugar
- 1c. light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 6 c. rice krispies cereal
- 1 – 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 – 12 oz package butterscotch chips
- 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
- In a large pot cook sugar, corn syrup, and butter over med heat. Stir until completely dissolved and mixture comes to a low boil.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Stir until melted together. Add cereal and stir until coated.
- Spread mixture evenly into a greased 9 x 13 pan and pat down using slightly wet hands.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips with the oil together in the microwave approx. 2 minutes stopping to stir every 30 seconds. Pour over the top of cereal treats and allow to cool for min. of one hour. Cut into squares and enjoy!