With the Spring starting, my husband couldn’t wait to break out the grill and cook! Steaks happened to be on sale that week, so I brought home some steaks and planned on making a new potato dish for the side dish. This is a super easy side to make and a fun way to serve up potatoes.
I remember seeing this recipe on Pioneer Woman and being intrigued because foil packs = less dishes. Plus, cream and butter? How can you go wrong? The only thing I noticed is that you need to stir the contents of the bundle out of the oven before you eat it, because the creamy buttery goodness is at the bottom of the pack.
Source: The Pioneer Woman
- 6 whole Russet Potatoes
- ½ whole Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 stick Butter
- ½ cups Heavy Cream
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Paprika To Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Parsley
- Pile potatoes and onions on a square of foil. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Splash on cream. Then sprinkle on salt, paprika, and black pepper. Sprinkle minced parsley over the top.
- Wrap bundles tightly and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until extremely tender.
- Serve bundles right on the dinner plate. Serves 8.