My husband and I aren’t wine drinkers. There, I said it. My palate is not sophisticated enough to distinguish different wines, nor am I able to just enjoy a good wine event. I’m not at all drawn to the taste of it, but I sort of wish I was. The only time I buy wine is when I have a recipe to cook with, and even then I’m clueless on the wine aisle. I need the exact type spelled out for me or else, I’m calling on one of my wine expert friends.
My friend and her mom came to visit on Saturday night, and we ordered pizza. She offered to bring wine and beer, but all I wanted was Diet Dr. Pepper. I’m fully aware of my drinking immaturity, but I do embrace it. Diet Dr. Pepper, after all, is zero calories.
She brought some Pinot Grigio for her mom, and there was quite a bit leftover. So, her mom offered up a simple way to fix chicken so we could use it up, since she didn’t want to bring it home with her. Wow, was this chicken moist and flavorful and really simple to put together.
Since today’s Foodbuzz Daily Special product is this skillet, I wanted to feature an easy and tasty weeknight meal to make in a skillet. Personally, we just use a non-stick skillet pan, like this one, to make this recipe.
I fixed up a side of Buitoni’s ravioli, which I received complimentary of Foodbuzz’s Tastemaker program. It was absolutely delicious.
Rosemary Lemon Chicken
Source: My friend’s Mom
- 1/2 bottle Pinot Grigio
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness.
- Add salt and pepper to the chicken on each side and sear on each side on medium-high for a couple of minutes.
- Set the heat to low, and add the wine, rosemary sprigs, garlic and lemon juice.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked all the way through.