I can’t believe it’s almost Thanksgiving! I mean, it feels like it’s still August out here, weather wise!!
Thanksgiving also makes me think of Black Friday, which is my FAVORITE shopping day! Now, before you shake your head and call me crazy-pants, there is a method to the madness. I really do find amazing deals that way, and something about it gets me in the holiday spirit!
Here’s some pointers I have for Black Friday.
- Get coffee before you go. Preferably a holiday flavored coffee drink. Gets you in the spirit, I promise.
- Hit up 2-3 stores that feature your favorite sales. You will seriously burn out otherwise, unless you’re super shopper. I’m honestly not that much of a shopper.
- I like to prepare myself with a little list of what I’m going for. There are quite a few Black Friday sites out there with scanned ads in there for the sales. This is one of them.
- Big ticket items are a no-no. Most of the time, stores have 4 or less of the item, and you’ll only really get one if you’re lucky and get there after polishing off the turkey. Worth it? I don’t think so…plus, there are big ticket deals like those on Black Friday throughout the year!
- Do not get your heart set on finding the item. You’ll get majorly let down that way. Go there with a “this will be nice if I find it” mentality. Scrooge-y attitudes SUCK on Black Friday!
- Most of all, play Christmas music on your car radio on the drive there. Nothing like a little holiday tune-age to get you in happy spirits. Again, Scrooge-y attitudes SUCK.
How many of y’all hit up Black Friday? I know I’m not the only one out there!!