This is a hard post to write. Really hard. Not to mention, embarrassing too.
A couple of weeks ago, I told myself that this was it. No looking back. I need to get healthy. I know I’ve said this multiple times, but now that I’m dangerously teetering towards 300 lbs., I feel that this needs to happen soon.
At my weight, life is different. Much much different.
- I get stared at. At first I thought that my zipper was down or something, but I realized people are probably staring at me. And people stare HARD. I’m not a looker, so I can only assume they’re looking at me because of my weight.
- I used to be able to walk briskly and talk at the same time. I can still do this, but I’m starting to notice that I feel winded when I try. Seriously…
- I wake up with back pain. I’ve never had this happen before. I’m 27…I shouldn’t be dealing with back pain every morning when I never had this problem before.
- I’m always tired. ALWAYS. I could take a nap at the drop of a hat. My energy is absolutely drained.
- My belly sticks out more than my boobs. And I’m not pregnant.
- Constant acid reflux. Again, this is something I’ve never had before, but now I experience it nearly every day. It sucks.
I know some of these are ridiculous, but to me, I feel like my health is at its worst. I’m only 27 years old. I can do this. I can change. I’m ready for everything on that list to change for the better.