1. This past weekend, my husband and I had the opportunity to attend the naming ceremony for the Carnival Sunshine. The Sunshine is a ship that had a multi-million dollar renovation, and it was making it’s US debut in New Orleans this past week. This is the first time we’ve ever attended something like this, and we had a wonderful time! As many of you may remember, we went on a cruise last year with Carnival and we had a blast. We enjoyed it so much that we’re going on a cruise on the Sunshine as well, and we cannot wait! We could use a vacation after the year we had. :-\
They also had the Saints game on the big screen….now THAT is the way to watch a game (along with a punchy rum drink with a cute umbrella).
Oh, and do you want to know how to gain a ridiculous amount of weight in a day? Run 5 miles, and then eat a dinner like this. Whew…I wanted to eat nothing but carrots the next day!
2. If you’re from the New Orleans area, you probably nodded your head so many times while reading this that you now have a headache. Am I right?
3. This was a whole handle of vodka. Well, it was a whole handle of vanilla extract. It took me two years to use it…..you think I have a baking hobby? Maybe a tad… Another handle of vodka is being made into extract at the moment, and it should be ready any day now. I couldn’t have planned that better if I tried. Ah, holiday baking!
4. Do you LOVE holiday movies/shows as much as I do? I don’t know about y’all, but this Holiday TV Guide is going to be printed and take permanent residence on our table next to the sofa.
5. That rope toy? I’m pretty sure that’s something dogs dream about. I wonder how our dog, Millie would react….hmm…maybe Santa will leave this for her since she’s such a sweet girl. 😛
Disclosure: My husband and I attended the Carnival Sunshine naming ceremony at no cost to us. There was no blog post required, but we had such a great time, I thought I’d just share how it went!