1. Um…OMG…Christmas is 13 days away. I mean, don’t get me wrong…I’m ridiculously excited, but I also don’t want Christmas to just come and go. I could listen to Underneath the Tree on repeat 490834 times right now.
2. I got my very first Kate Spade accessory last week. While I love my Otterbox, I wanted something a little prettier. Is it blonde of me that I had to YouTube how to open the phone cover to put my phone in? There were seriously no instructions in the box…I felt like a doof, but I really didn’t want to break the case.
3. When we were driving home from Thanksgiving, my husband and I both noticed how pretty the lake we always drive by from Baton Rouge to New Orleans (Lake Pontchartrain) was. The picture probably doesn’t do it much justice, but this normally murky lake looked like water in the Caribbean. I know it had something to do with the sunset reflecting off of the water, but oh man, it was gorgeous. It made me long for another Caribbean vacation…..
4. This is probably the only Christmas project I can show y’all right now (since I’m making gifts and family tends to read the blog from time to time). This afghan was ridiculously simple to make, and it’s so cozy. I will say that the size 50 needles aren’t as natural to knit on, but man, projects knit up SO quickly! It took me longer than 6 hours, but it was a casual knit. I think I’m going to make a couple of these for gifts in the future.
5. Does anyone else own this palette? I bought it a year ago or so, and I’ll admit, it hurt a little to spend $50 on eyeshadow. However, I find myself constantly surprised by this palette. I feel like every eyeshadow looks amazing on me, and all of the colors look great together. I can’t say it’s going to look amazing on everyone, but for me, it’s perfect.
6. I know I haven’t done Training Tuesdays in a while, but I’m in week 7 of training for my half marathon. I have to run 7 miles this weekend (gulp)…I still can’t believe my race is a few short weeks away! Eek!