Disclosure: Que Pasa Foods sent me products/coupons in exchange for a recipe post. All opinions are 100% my own.
One of the most surprising things about building a new house is realizing how many projects are involved after the house is built! The garden, fencing in the yard, organizing everything, decorating, and other random house projects…the list goes on and on! I feel like most of our weekends involve something to do with the house, so my usual weekend cooking/baking adventures have taken a back seat. When our weekends are just crazy, I love forking out the slow cooker and making a meal. Throw the ingredients in the slow cooker, set the timer, and just let it go. Easy.
Recently, I went back to an old favorite….Salsa Chicken (only THREE ingredients)! Que Pasa Foods sent me a variety of their products to try, and my husband and I fell in LOVE with their Chipotle Salsa. Chipotle peppers add a bit of heat and spice, and when you add this in the slow cooker with chicken? OMG y’all. We had tacos the first night, and I made nachos another night with them. It’s just so flavorful. I just need to buy a case of this stuff…it’s probably the best jarred salsa I have ever had (seriously). 🙂 While this recipe works wonderfully for dinner, it’s also perfect for a party! You could easily make this a part of a taco bar for the 4th of July!
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Source: adapted from Gimme Some Oven
- 1 jar Que Pasa Chipotle Salsa (just about 2 cups)
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- Pour half of the jar of salsa in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the chicken breasts over the salsa. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken, and then pour the rest of the salsa over the chicken breasts.
- Cover the slow cooker, and set on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 4 hours). Take out the chicken and shred the chicken well. Place the chicken back in the crockpot, and stir it into the salsa mixture. Enjoy!