Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Amaize Sweet Corn. I was compensated for my post, and all opinions are 100% my own.
Oh man, y’all. This summer has been BRUTAL. The other day, I was helping my husband cut the grass, and it just got to be too much. I’m just going to hug the AC vent until October. I’m not built for this heat and humidity!
One of the few things that summer has going for it is that it’s grilling season! I love grilled foods! Meats, veggies, you name it! I’m a fan! The a-MAIZE-ing folks at Amaize Sweet Corn reached out to me to create a recipe using their corn, and I couldn’t wait! The last time I worked with them, I shared this delicious Grilled Corn Guacamole with y’all.
Amaize Sweet Corn is a non-GMO breed of sweet white corn, grown and harvested in the warm summer months (June – September). It was in development for 22 years, and during that time, over 10,000 variations of corn were tested until the perfect balance of texture and taste were found. Amaize Sweet Corn is only available in the US. In Louisiana, it is found exclusively at Rouse’s (for other states, here is the store locator).
Since Amaize Sweet Corn prides itself in their flavor and texture, I had to let it be the star in a dish. This Shrimp, Corn & Avocado salad puts Amaize Sweet Corn front and center. We enjoyed this as a side dish, but you could easily put this over a bed of lettuce as well. I seasoned the shrimp with lemon pepper to bring a bit more fresh flavor to the dish and also tossed the salad in a fresh basil vinaigrette. It just screams summer! I absolutely loved this dish! Just turn on the grill, and this salad is ready in no time!
Shrimp, Corn & Avocado Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Source: Nifty Foodie Original
- 2 ears of Amaize Sweet Corn
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 1/2 lb. shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 1/2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Preheat your grill. Place your corn on the grill, and grill the corn for about 2 minutes on each side, until it shows grill marks (about 10 minutes total). Set the corn aside to cool.
- Season your shrimp by tossing it in the canola oil with the lemon pepper and place them on the grill. Grill the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side, until the shrimp turn hot pink and opaque.
- Once the corn has cooled, cut away the kernels from the ear, and place in a medium bowl with the cubed avocado and grilled shrimp.
- In a mason jar, place the fresh basil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and sugar. Close the lid and shake the mixture well until everything is mixed together.
- Toss half of the basil vinaigrette in the medium bowl with the corn salad. Enjoy!