This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
For my final #brunchweek recipe, I want to share with you these savory scones. I’m sure you are like “savory scones?!”, but trust me – these are delicious! They are FULL of crispy bacon and melty cheese – it’s the perfect addition to a brunch! I used Dixie Crystals granulated sugar, as well as Cabot’s amazing Vermont Sharp Cheddar in this recipe! Thanks so much to these sponsors for sending these quality ingredients my way!
**Be sure to look below the recipe for the other recipes that food bloggers are sharing for #brunchweek, as well as the great #brunchweek giveaway! So many great ideas are being shared this week!**
Bacon Cheddar Scones
Source: mildly adapted from King Arthur Flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp. cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup very coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup (+ 2 tbsp) heavy cream – you may want to have 1 cup handy, in case you need more to make the dough come together
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F, and move a rack in the middle or upper third shelf. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Using a pastry cutter, work the butter into the flour mixture, until the mixture is crumbly with a few remaining larger pieces of butter. Mix in the cheese and bacon, until everything in the mixture is well distributed.
- Add 3/4 cup of the cream, and stir it in to combine the dough. After it’s mixed in, try squeezing the dough together with your hands. If the mixture is crumbly/won’t stay together as a cohesive piece of dough, add more cream (a little at a time) until the dough forms. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface.
- Form the dough into a smooth 7″ disk about 3/4 inches thick. Once it’s formed, transfer the dough to your baking sheet. Use a knife to cut the disk into 8 wedges, and separate the wedges about 1 inch apart on the sheet.
- For a final touch, brush the scones with some cream – this will help the dough brown. Bake the scones on the middle/upper-third rack for 22-24 minutes, until the dough is golden brown on top. Remove the scones from the oven, and allow them to cool on the pan.
- Enjoy these scones warm or at room temperature. Any leftover scones should be refrigerated or frozen, and reheated before service.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
BrunchWeek Appetizers and Salads:
Bacon Ranch Tortilla Rollups from The Mandatory Mooch
Easy Champagne Cupcakes from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Giant Donut Cake from For the Love of Food
Lavender Panna Cotta with Lemon Curd from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Pineapple Paradise Layer Cake from Love and Confections
Ricotta Cookies from April Golightly
Rosemary Lavender Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Streusel Kuchen (German Coffee Cake) from Platter Talk
Sugar Cookie Bars with Peach Frosting from Sweet Beginnings
White Chocolate Snack Clusters from Family Around the Table
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Joyjolt, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Sarcastic Cooking, Dessert for Two, Sweet Phi, and The Little Ferraro Kitchen for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.