Ok, so I’m gonna give you all a crawfish break today. I just HAD to share this recipe ASAP, because it’s just awesome.
This is a different recipe than the enchiladas I am used to (the ones with red sauce), but I had some leftover crockpot chicken that we used for tacos the night before (which I didn’t photograph, but I will share the recipe) and wanted to make sure that I used up the leftovers. I found this recipe on AllRecipes and thought that it sounded pretty interesting. So, I decided to give it a try!
This recipe is very easy to put together, and was so yummy. My husband absolutely loved these, so I’m definitely going to have to make them again!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat (used shredded leftover chicken taco meat. Recipe below)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, then stir in the green chiles, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Stir together.
- Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Source: The Nest (Houston Nesties board)
- 1 chicken taco seasoning packet
- 2-3 frozen chicken breasts
- Fresh pico de gallo (12-16 oz.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Sprinkle the seasoning packet all over the bottom of the crockpot. Lay the frozen chicken breasts on top.
- Pour the pico de gallo on top and add the olive oil and water. Do not stir!
- Allow the chicken to cook in the crockpot for 4-6 hours on low. Remove chicken and shred with a fork, then add back in the crockpot, stir the sauce and let it cook for 30 more minutes on low.
- In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.