I’ve been challenging myself to cook more often when I’m at my fiance’s house. Lately, the cooking has been so-so until now. This recipe has been the BEST recipe I’ve made, and it’s Weight Watchers friendly!!! I made this using the non-crockpot method, because we didn’t want the meat too tender. My fiance requested rice with this dish, instead of pasta as well, which was a WONDERFUL combination :).
I was given this recipe from a knottie on my club board. It was a pdf form of Weight Watchers recipes, so I don’t really know the original source, however, I will say this isn’t mine. I did adapt it, though, for more flavor.
adapted from Weight Watchers Crockpot recipe pdf (from a knottie)
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces Mushrooms — fresh
- 1 can 98% fat-free Cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can 98% fat-free Cream of chicken soup
- 1 can French Onion Soup
- 1/2 onion (added)
- 1 clove garlic (added)
- Cut chicken breasts into stew size chunks, and sauté while washing and cutting mushrooms in half. Then simply add all other ingredients to chicken and simmer about 1 hour (I did this for half an hour covered and half an hour uncovered). You can also do this in a crock pot and simmer all day ’til dinner. Serve over rice, noodles or potatoes.
This makes 6 servings.
Points* (without rice): 7
Since I had 1 cup of brown rice with mine, this dinner was 11 points. Yep, a little on the high side, but this was some SERIOUS comfort food. I will be making this again when the fall comes!!