TGIF, y’all! I can’t believe we are near the end of #brunchweek! It’s been a delicious week, indeed! Have y’all seen the recipes?! If you’re planning a Mother’s Day brunch, it’s definitely worth checking out some of the posts that have been shared so far! 🙂
Today, I’m sharing an amazing quiche with y’all. It’s made using ingredients from these generous #brunchweek sponsors – Cabot Creamery Coop and Michigan Asparagus. This quiche is not only delicious, but with the addition of the asparagus, this quiche also makes for a nice presentation.
For the crust, I used puff pastry dough, which takes away the prep of having to make your own crust. Then, the mixing of the ingredients is a cinch, too. No one has to know that this quiche is easy to make – they will be so impressed by the flavors in this quiche! I mean….cheese, asparagus, bacon? You can’t go wrong here!
Cheesy Asparagus Bacon Quiche
Source: A Nifty Foodie Original
- 1 thawed sheet puff pastry dough
- 4 large eggs
- 5 slices cooked bacon, chopped and cooled
- 1 lb. Michigan Asparagus
- 1 cup grated Cabot Creamery Alpine Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out your puff pastry dough to be approximately 12×12″ in size.
- Grease the inside of a deep pie dish well. Place your puff pastry dough into the pie dish, and gently manipulate the dough to line the inside of the pie dish. Trim the puff pastry to the top edge of the pie dish. You can either discard the trimmed pieces or just bake the leftovers to enjoy at another time.
- Remove/discard the tough ends of the artichoke, and chop the stalks into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place the eggs, asparagus chopped bacon, grated cheese, whipping cream, and salt/pepper in a medium sized bowl. Beat the mixture until everything is well-combined.
- Gently pour the egg mixture into the puff pastry-lined pie dish. Evenly sprinkle the asparagus pieces over the egg mixture.
- Bake the quiche for 25-30 minutes, until the quiche starts to lightly brown at the top and the eggs are cooked (the quiche shouldn’t jiggle once it’s done cooking). Allow the quiche to cool until it’s warm enough to eat. Enjoy!
To celebrate #brunchweek, our generous sponsors are offering some amazing prizes for you to enter to win! For a chance to win, go to this post and enter using the Rafflecopter widget!
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Blackberry Mint Bellinis from Sweet Beginnings
Cardamom Rose Cocktail from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Lemon & Blueberry Mocktail from Girl Abroad
Mango Pina Colada from The Spiffy Cookie
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Cheesy Asparagus Bacon Quiche from The Nifty Foodie
Creamed Asparagus Omelet from Wholistic Woman
Eggs Benedict Quiche from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Eggs in Hell from kimchi MOM
Roasted Asparagus and Cheddar Frittata from My Catholic Kitchen
Spring Veggie Quiche from A Day in the Life on the Farm
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Apple Cheddar Cream Cheese Danish from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Apple Cinnamon Bread from It Bakes Me Happy
Apple Waffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
Banana Bread Pancakes from Love and Confections
Blackberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls from Pink Cake Plate
Brown Sugar Poptarts from Big Bear’s Wife
Creme Brulee French Toast from The Barbee Housewife
Cherry Almond Coffee Cake from The Chef Next Door
Cheddar Yeast Rolls from Family Around the Table
Cinnamon Apple Danish from Nik Snacks
Garlic and Herb Pull Apart Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Cake from Books n’ Cooks
Mocha Eclairs from The Redhead Baker
Sweet Apple Hand Pies with Cheddar Shortcrust from An Edible Mosaic
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Country Ham Biscuits with Peach Mustard from Palatable Pastime
Country Skillet from Feeding Big
Ham, Apple and Cheddar Melts from Cookaholic Wife
Smoked Salmon & Herbed Cream Cheese Pizzas from Sarcastic Cooking
Yumbo Sliders from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Rhubarb Crunch from Cooking with Carlee
Apple Crisp Ice Cream from From Gate to Plate
Biscuit Bar with Flavored Sugars from Sew You Think You Can Cook
Low-Fat Apple Coffee Cake from Hardly A Goddess
Sparkling Mojito Lime Rickies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Nielsen-Massey, Rainier Fruit, and Michigan Asparagus for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.