Today, I found myself at the mall waiting in line for 45 minutes. What was I waiting for? A $10 gift card. It might not be worth it to some, but for a penny pincher like me, completely worth it.
I find myself shopping for some basics at Dollar Tree repeatedly, because they are great deals that I want to share. I totally remind myself of that McDonald’s commercial, challenging myself to find great deals for a dollar!
Be aware though, there are some things in Dollar stores that really aren’t good deals as well, however, in my experience, these things are great deals!
- Greeting cards: at 2/$1, it completely beats the pants off of cards that are $2-$5 each!
- Gift Bags: $1 each for all sizes vs. $3 and up for bags at other retailers and they are just as cute/nice!
- Tissue Paper: it can be about $3 for a package of tissue paper, vs. $1 for a pack of 30 sheets in either white or different colors. A deal indeed!
- Mylar Balloons: they come inflated for every occasion and are $1 vs. $3 plus!
- Posterboard: you can buy 3 sheets for a dollar. We bought a bunch of this for the garage sale. They also have foamboard for $1. This is a great deal, since it’s a little less than $1 for one sheet of posterboard and $3 for foamboard.
- Scrapbooking supplies: $1 each for cute stickers, rub-on transfers, markers, etc.? Deal!
- Pregnancy/Ovulation tests: when the time comes for us to TTC, you better believe that I’ll be raiding the store for these!
- Photo Frames: they have a great selection available in many sizes!
- Disposable pans/containers for food: I like to buy some of these for occasions when I know I’m going to share cooked food with family. I hate nagging people for my Rubbermaid containers back, so this makes it a no-brainer.
Do you like shopping at Dollar stores? What are your favorite finds there?