Categories: Mexican, Pasta/Rice, Side Dishes
This dish was a side we had for the mexican night themed dinner tonight. This recipe is from All Recipes and came highly rated, so I went for this one. It came out perfect, but wasn’t the mexican rice I’m used to at restaurants but this was still great!
* 1 cup long grain white rice
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (we used canola oil)
* 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
* 1/2 onion, finely chopped
* 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
* 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
* 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
* 1 cube chicken bouillon
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 clove garlic, halved
In a medium sauce pan, cook rice in oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in onion, green pepper, jalapeno, and diced tomato. Season with bouillon cube, salt and pepper, cumin, cilantro, and garlic. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.