Categories: Beef, Sandwiches, Skinny
My husband and I are always trying to find new ideas for dinner, especially with ground meat. My husband has mentioned how much he loves sloppy joes, so I thought, let’s try this! Easy peasy dinner, right?
My husband told me he was going to make them while I went on an errand, and wow! My husband can totally cook! This was delicious!
inspired from Allrecipes
- 1.25 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 0.5 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- cajun seasoning to taste (Tony Chachere’s is what we used)
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic powder; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
The Skinny – per serving, serves 6 (not including bread calories)