Categories: Side Dishes
This is one of those recipes that I starred in my Google Reader a while ago, and until recently, just revisited. I was planning on roasting chicken breasts for the hubs and I, so I thought these potatoes from The Pioneer Woman’s website would be the perfect side to go with it. These were so easy and an absolute hit in the house. The hubs requested them immediately afterwards for the next evening’s dinner, and that never happens with a dish I make! I guess my skills in the kitchen are improving!
Crash Hot Potatoes
Source: The Pioneer Woman
- 12 whole New Potatoes (or Other Small Round Potatoes)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Rosemary (or Other Herbs Of Choice) To Taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the potatoes and cook them until they are fork-tender.
- On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. (For me, I used a pastry brush to paint on 1 tbsp. of olive oil.) Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.
- With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil.
- Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available.)
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.