Categories: Brownies/Bars, Chocolate, Peanut Butter
Peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven. Brownies are simply amazing and easy. In fact, this is the one dessert where my KA stays in the cabinet. A simple bowl and wooden spoon are all you need, and wow, the results are nothing short of amazing.
With a potluck coming up at my work, I decided to make some delicious peanut butter cheesecake brownies. I’ve made this recipe before, but I wanted something sinfully rich. After seeing the words “triple chocolate brownies” on Annie’s Eats, I knew I had to use this for my brownie base. I still used the peanut butter cheesecake swirl in the original recipe, and the results were awesomely rich, as in be prepared to have a glass of milk handy…I’m not kidding.
- 5 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into quarters
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups (8¾ oz.) sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup (5 oz.) all-purpose flour
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Batter Ingredients:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cups creamy PB
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5-6 regular sized Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped
- Place an oven rack in lower-middle position and preheat the oven to 350° F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt; whisk until combined, about 15 seconds. Whisk in the warm chocolate mixture until incorporated. Then stir in the flour with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- In separate mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg and beat until just combined.
- Pour 2/3 of the brownie mixture into the prepared pan and spread with a spatula to make an even layer. Then add 1/2 of the peanut butter cheesecake mixture on top. Using a knife, gently swirl the mixtures together. Add the remaining brownie batter, then the cheesecake batter and swirl again.
- Bake until slightly puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a small amount of sticky crumbs clinging to it, about 45-50 minutes. Then, take out the brownie pan and add the chopped Reese’s cups to the top. Place it in the oven for a couple of minutes, until just melted.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Remove the brownies from the pan using the foil and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares as desired. Store in an air-tight container.