Categories: Frozen Desserts
I have a sad addiction to ice cream. I usually have a bowl a few times a week, even in the freezing winter. Even on my pseudo diet (kinda sorta trying to lose weight), I’ll have a small cone. When the weather warms up, I feel like my ice cream maker is constantly working through the week. With fresh fruit ripening and feeling the cravings rise when I pass up heavy cream in the grocery store, I just can’t let my ice cream maker sit alone, unused.
This time, I’m making an old favorite. I love cake batter ice cream. It reminds me of those days I spend baking and licking the batter bowl clean. It’s just so delicious, and for the people who hold aversions to raw egg, this recipe has NO raw eggs in it! It’s probably the quickest ice cream batter to put together too! If you are a beginner with the ice cream machine, definitely start off with a recipe like this.
- 1 cup whole milk, well chilled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup yellow cake mix (I used Funfetti because I like sprinkles!)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Stir in cake mix, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture into the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker and let mix until it has thickened (about 25-30 minutes).