Dec 22, 2010
- Yesterday, I learned (from y’all and ironically, the John Tesh show during the drive home from work) that the X in “x-mas” is actually OK to use. I still don’t really like it, and I’m sure that 80% of my friends on Facebook who use it on a regular basis don’t really know the history of the use of X for Christ. So, I still really no likey “x-mas”. However, thanks to you guys for (politely) educating me on the subject.
- That tree skirt that I was planning still hasn’t happened. I blame my cute dog for being extra cuddly lately. No progress has been made, but I do want to finish it for next year.
- I am learning how to crochet slowly, but surely. I can make a chain like it’s nobody’s business, and I’m trying to work on the single crochet. How is it that I can catch onto knitting super quickly, but this crochet thing just blows my mind? Of course, this motivates me more to show those crochet hooks that I can make this work.
- Christmas is in 3 days…what?! I still have cheesecake, sugar cookies, macarons (hopefully), oreo truffles and biscotti to make. Eep…not to mention, a few more sewing projects for gifts. :\
- I just looked at my 101 in 1001 list. I doubt that it will all be done by May 2011 (dang 1001 days flew by!), but I have my mind focused especially on goals 43-50. I know it won’t happen in 5 months, but I’d love to be well on track! I’d also like to work on making goal 75 happen.
- Remember this desk? Yeah, it’s not done. After fighting a few times with trying to sand the little nooks and crannies down and watching the wood lose its shape in some of the detailing (I’m assuming this desk is a VERY soft wood, unfortunately), I decided that the staining just isn’t in the cards for this piece. Since it’s for the craft room, after all, I decided it’s getting painted. Stay tuned for that.