Feb 09, 2012
- I have a weird self-conscious confession. I really want to go to a local running store to get fitted properly for a pair of shoes, but at my weight, I’m afraid of getting stares in a store where mostly fit people go. I know you’re thinking…shut up, stupid, things will be fine, but I’m very self-conscious. Ugh. Now, I did just buy a nice pair of Saucony shoes on RueLaLa, but I’m wondering if there’s a better shoe out there since I tend to walk on the outside of my feet (if that makes sense) looking at the way my shoes wear out.
- On a rare make-up note, I finally found some lip butters at the Walgreens near my house. Since I’ve been reading raving reviews about “The Balm” on various blogs, I bought two of them, one in pink satin and one in nourishing nude. Since I don’t like too much color on my lips, I absolutely LOVE these lip butters. LOVE. I also saw Revlon’s Lip Butters at the store, but I’m waiting for them to go on sale. L’Oreal’s were BOGO 50% off this week, so that’s why it was easy to take the plunge and buy two. (cheap cheap)
- My husband decided to start calorie counting with me this week. Things are going a lot better for me since he’s also on board. There’s no junk in our house anymore, and so far this week, I’ve cooked every night. Wanna be jealous? Two days after starting calorie counting, the husband lost 2 lbs. Lucky duck.
- I’m super stoked that JoAnn’s is finally opening a store in Baton Rouge. Since we moved to the other side of town, it takes me a good 20 minutes to get to the nearest craft store. When JoAnn’s opens, they will be 10 minutes away from our house and also easily convenient to go to on the way home from work. This is awesome and bad.
- We’re getting a tax refund this year, and I secretly just want to splurge it. However, since I’m an adult (or something like that), the only responsible thing to do is to throw it in the ol’ savings account. ::sigh::
- Since the other house sold, we’re slowly starting to work on projects we want to do with our current house. We’re getting gutters on Friday, and also hired a contractor to vent our kitchen outside. Since our kitchen is against the brick outside, this should be seamless/easy. A couple of small changes, but all awesome! There’s also a couple more projects in the works, but they aren’t anything major. Since our house is only 5 years old, so there really isn’t much to do.
- I’d currently like to eat a pint of cake batter ice cream. I won’t buy it, but a girl can dream, right?