Hi, I’m Amy. I’m a 27 year old, born and raised near New Orleans. I now live in Baton Rouge, LA with the hubs and our cute border collie mix, Millie.
I’ve been blogging for a while, but I’ll keep the story short. Here’s a quick version of how this blog came to be.
- 2003 – Start a Blurb blog. Mostly full of college ramblings, but it’s been deleted.
- 2004 – Move to LiveJournal to blog with college friends. Again, ramblings…still fun to look back at. Not sharing the link.
- January 2008 – start Skinny Food by Amy as a way to record my Weight Watchers friendly recipes.
- March 2008 – the hubs proposes and I start a wedding blog.
- October 2008 – move to WordPress, because all of the cool kids do it.
- September 2008 – apply to become a blogger on Weddingbee. Surprisingly, they accept me and I blog under the moniker Miss Ballet Flat.
- June 2009 – shortly after getting married, I start a life blog called The Nifty Newlywed.
- April 2010 – I take the plunge into a self-hosted WordPress blog, rename the food blog to The Nifty Foodie (so I can blog about butter with no guilt! ) and move the life blog to the same site as well.
It’s been a crazy ride around the blogiverse, I know! However, I’m having a blast and I’m pretty sure this is where I’m staying for a while.
This blog is where I basically write about being a Martha wannabe. You can find topics about crafts, gardening, cleaning, health, our lives, etc. here. As far as my kitchen life goes, just click the “Food Blog” tab at the top.
Just a warning. My food blog is not for those with an empty stomach. Believe me, I make this mistake way too much!
Thanks so much for reading, and I hope you enjoy!