Tonight’s Menu was time consuming but it was a good dinner. However, by the time I was done cooking, I really wasn’t that hungry…figures right?
Oh! And by the way, you get pictures tonight 🙂 I used my fiance’s camera hehehe 🙂
We had: Shrimp and Corn Fajitas, Mexican Rice, Refried Beans, and Chips and Salsa.
The shrimp and corn fajitas were from the What’s Cooking recipe exchange for June/July. The original submitted recipe was from I&R4_23_06 of the Nest, and the source is unknown.
Shrimp & Corn Tacos
- 2 T vegetable oil (we used canola)
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded & ribbed, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- coarse salt & ground pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped (omitted)
- 1 10 oz. package frozen corn, unthawed (canned b/c FI rathers canned veggies)
- 1/2 pound shrimp, cut into 1/2″ pieces (We had 1 lb. of shrimp, 19-25 ct. and left whole)
- 12 6″ corn tortillas, warmed
- Taco accouterments- salsa, cheese, sour cream, cilantro, lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onion, jalapeño, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and corn; cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is heated through and tomatoes are soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately with tortillas (which we heated in the oven for a couple minutes)