So, yesterday I realized that I wanted to bake with more pumpkin. The Fall is only here another month and a half, so I need to enjoy pumpkin while it feels right! I saw on Cara’s Cravings a picture of these beautiful swirly pumpkin cheesecake brownies and knew I just had to try it. Thanks for the recipe, Cara!
As far as for the diet, I didn’t really skinny it up that much (not that it really needed it as you will see in the POINTS* value), because it was election night and heck, I knew my family needed some fun food to enjoy the night with! I did make some changes on here, though.
Pumpkin Spice Cheescake Brownies
Adapted from: Cara’s Cravings
- 3/4 cup butter, melted (used 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup applesauce)
- 1 cup sugar]
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
(added 1/4 oz. semisweet baking chocolate)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each ground ginger and ground cloves (I used 1/2 tsp nutmeg instead)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8″ square metal baking pan.
- Beat together melted butter, sugar, and vanilla, then beat in eggs one at a time. Combine dry ingredients and then gradually stir into butter mixture with a wooden spoon. In separate bowl, beat together cheesecake batter ingredients.
- Spread about 2/3 of chocolate batter into prepared pan, and spoon cheesecake batter over. Dollop remaining brownie batter over cheesecake batter. Swirl the batters together by running a butter knife back and forth through the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack and chill before cutting and serving.
Serves: 20 (I made them small because they are very flavorful brownies and you don’t need much to give the sweet tooth what it wants!)