Disclosure: This recipe is a part of a blogger event, called #PumpkinWeek.
If you know me at all, I’m always anxiously awaiting the arrival of pumpkin-spiced coffee drinks. I absolutely cannot get enough of them, but at $5/drink, it really adds up! I have a Nespresso machine at home, so I thought, what if I made my own pumpkin spiced drinks at home?
Yes, y’all. This syrup is SO good! Lately (since it’s 90+ degrees outside), I just take a cup full of ice, and add a couple of shots of espresso, a small amount of this syrup (maybe just under a full tbsp. for me), and then I fill up the rest of the cup with milk. Easy peasy pumpkin spice iced coffee!
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup
Source: mildly adapted from Cook Like a Champion
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan, and cook the mixture over medium-high heat. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has completely dissolved in the water.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground sugar. Cook the mixture for about 10 minutes on medium-low, stirring frequently, making sure to not let the mixture come to a boil (if it’s necessary, reduce the heat more).
- Allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes. An optional step is to strain the mixture through cheesecloth, but I decided against it. (The more spice, the better for me!) Enjoy!
- Use a small amount of this (anywhere from a tsp. to a tbsp.-ish, depending on sweetener preferences) in your coffee drink of choice and enjoy!
Want more pumpkin recipes? Here are today’s #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Pumpkin Drink Recipes:
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup from The Nifty Foodie
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Chicken and Pumpkin Curry from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Beer Bread Pudding from Forking Up
Pumpkin Habanero Salsa from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Pumpkin-Poblano Salsa from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Pumpkin Risotto with Garlic and Sage from Making Miracles
Pumpkin Sausage Mac and Cheese from Daily Dish Recipes
Pumpkin Sausage Skillet Dinner from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Walnut Sage Pierogi from The Crumby Kitchen
Savory Pumpkin Sage Biscuits from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Sweet Pumpkin Recipes:
Maple Pumpkin Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Pumpkin Chess Pie from The Spiffy Cookie
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins with a Pecan Oat Crumble from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Pumpkin Cream Puffs from Mildly Meandering
Pumpkin Dump Cake from Seduction in the Kitchen
Pumpkin-Nut Crumble Cake from Hardly A Goddess
Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip from An Affair from the Heart
Stuffed Pumpkin Cupcakes from The Freshman Cook
Whipped Pumpkin Pie Honey Butter from Love and Confections.
White Chocolate Pumpkin Biscotti from The Redhead Baker