Disclosure: This recipe is a part of a blogger event, called #PumpkinWeek.
Anddddd, just like that, it’s October!
My husband and I have been so busy, which really isn’t like us. Most of our weekends involve meal prepping in some sort of fashion. We actually used to purchase 5-day meal plans through a local company, and then we quickly realized that not only was it spend-y, but since we love to cook, we were totally missing that aspect in our day-to-day lives.
Since we’re new to the meal prep side of things, we are quickly learning what works and what doesn’t. Hopefully, I’ll be able to share some tips and tricks with y’all, but for now, it’s a work in progress!
This past weekend was one of the first weekends in a while that I baked something sweet. Well, two sweet dishes (as you will see later this week). It was ALLLL for #PumpkinWeek. 🙂 This blogging event was just MADE for me, since I love everything pumpkin! My first recipe that I’m going to share with y’all are these fantastic Pumpkin Cranberry Oatmeal Bars! These are cake-y bars, loaded with pumpkin spice, oatmeal and dried cranberries…topped with a maple glaze. It’s just fantastic! I shared these with our neighbors, and one of them mentioned that they could totally eat a whole pan of these. 😛
Pumpkin Cranberry Oatmeal Bars
Source: adapted from Chowhound
For the bars:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. fine salt
- 2 sticks (8 oz.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée (not pie filling; about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. milk (not nonfat), plus more as needed
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients (flour, rolled oats, baking powder, pumpkin spice & salt) together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, and beat the mixture well on medium speed until lightened in color and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Stop the mixer, and using a rubber spatula, scrape down the bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and then, return the mixer to medium speed. Beat the mixture until just incorporated, about 30 seconds. Stop the mixer, and scrape down the bowl.
- With the mixer on low speed, add half of the reserved flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Then, add half of the pumpkin puree and mix until just incorporated. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and pumpkin puree. Fold in the dried cranberries, until just incorporated.
- Spread out the batter evenly into the 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the bars to cool.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk & maple syrup in a bowl. Drizzle the glaze over the bars, and enjoy!
Are you in a pumpkin mood lately, too? Here are today’s #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Pumpkin Drink Recipes:
Pumpkin Pie Moscow Mule from Love and Confections.
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Chicken Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sauce from Hardly A Goddess.
Goat Cheese and Sage Pizza with Pumpkin Crust from The Spiffy Cookie.
Kaddo Bowrani (Afghan Pumpkin with Yoghurt Sauce) from Caroline’s Cooking.
Pickled Pumpkin with Sage and Autumn Spices from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Pumpkin Beer Bread from Forking Up.
Pumpkin Beer Cheese Soup with Herbed Croutons from The Crumby Kitchen.
Pumpkin Chili from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures.
Pumpkin Corn Chowder with Shrimp from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
Pumpkin Focaccia Bread from Cookaholic Wife.
Pumpkin Ravioli with Parmesan Sage Cream Sauce from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen.
Pumpkin Rosemary Hummus with Sizzled Garlic from Amy’s Cooking Adventures.
Pumpkin Stew with Chicken and Black Beans from Palatable Pastime.
Sweet Pumpkin Recipes:
Brown Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies from The Redhead Baker.
Cheesecake Stuffed Pumpkin Bundt Cake from Cooking with Carlee.
Easy Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake from Daily Dish Recipes.
Jumbo Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Pecan Streusel Topping from Family Around The Table.
Pumpkin Blondies from It Bakes Me Happy.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake from The Chef Next Door.
Pumpkin Madeleines from Mildly Meandering.
Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites from Making Miracles.
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal from Seduction in the Kitchen.
Pumpkin Pie Tassies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings.
Pumpkin Scones from The Freshman Cook.
Pumpkin Spice Donuts from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Pumpkin Spice Donuts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks.
Pumpkin Zucchini Streusel Bread from An Affair from the Heart.
Ridiculously Good Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Cake from Bacon Fatte.