Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Nellie’s Free Range Eggs. I received product samples, as well as compensation, to aid in the creation of the this recipe. All opinions are mine alone.
Happy November, friends! We are rapidly approaching my favorite time of the year, which means yay for holiday decorating, holiday baking, etc.! With that in mind, I always try to simplify other aspects of my life, while keeping myself on a budget. Breakfast is one of those things that I have to have every day, but I’ll be honest with y’all – I don’t want to have to wake up any earlier than I have to! So, that means I need something quick/easy in the mornings.
This simple bacon, egg & cheese bake requires very little work, and you can easily freeze portions! I take a portion out of the freezer, unwrap it, put it on a plate, and microwave it for about 2 minutes. Voila! Easy breakfast, y’all!
Since the eggs are the star of this breakfast dish, I tried my best to get eggs that are as flavorful as possible, and I also support brands that treat their animals as humanely as possible. That’s where Nellie’s Free Range Eggs come in! Nellie’s eggs are certified humane, which means they follow the highest standards of humane farm animal care for their chickens. They are also a B Corp Certified company! If you are interested in purchasing Nellie’s Free Range eggs, here’s their store locator. They are also all over social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
This egg bake requires very little ingredients in this version, but it’s very customizable if you want to add more or less ingredients to the eggs. 🙂
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Egg Bake
Source: a Nifty Foodie original
- 10 large Nellie’s Free Range eggs
- 4 strips of bacon – fully cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl, and whisk them until the eggs are well-mixed.
- Add the crumbled bacon, cheese, heavy cream, salt & pepper to the eggs, and mix well.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a greased 8×8 inch pan.
- Bake the egg mixture for about 40 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out dry.
- Allow the bake to slightly cool to a warm temperature. Cut into 6 portions and enjoy (or freeze until later)!