Happy New Year’s Eve! I hope everyone has had a happy holiday season so far. 2014 has been a different year for me. While weight loss didn’t really happen this year, one of my biggest priorities was getting comfortable with my day job. I can’t believe I’ve been at my new job for almost a year now. This year has really flown!
While this blog hasn’t been updated as often as I would like to, I’m so thankful for those of you who still visit and comment/email. Here’s the top 10 recipes that you all have loved this year. They aren’t necessarily from 2014, but they are favorites on here.
10. Peanut Butter Cup Cookies – These cookies are just perfection. Reese’s cups baked in a huge peanut butter. Seriously awesome.
9. Banana Nutella “Ice Cream” – This is a great option if you’re craving ice cream, but don’t want the calories. You just throw frozen banana slices in a food processor or blender, and process until it’s the consistency of soft serve. I swirled in nutella for an extra treat.
8. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos – These are so simple to make and tasty. Pretty darn tasty, actually.
7. Grilled Corn Grits – This is a copycat of Zea’s famous grilled corn grits. It called for cream, butter and more butter. These aren’t diet friendly in the least, but they are fantastic!
6. Holiday Spritz Cookies – This recipe makes a bunch of cookies, and they’re so fun to make. I made these without a cookie press (before I had one). They taste better with lots of fun sprinkles…not really, but they certainly are more fun!
5. Taco “Cupcakes” – This is such a great recipe to make ahead and freeze. It makes quite a few of them, but you could pop a few in the oven for an easy lunch or dinner anytime. I love these!
4. Whipped Chocolate Pudding Frosting – This recipe is for the butter lovers. It’s the consistency of the whipped frosting you find in the grocery store bakeries, but it does tend to lean towards a more buttery flavor than classic buttercream. It reminds me a little of swiss meringue buttercream…delicious!
3. Homemade Strawberry Lemonade – I plan on making a large pitcher of this once strawberry season happens in a few months. I love this drink, and um…a little bit of booze never hurt this drink either.
2. 20 Minute Pressure Cooker Beef Stew – With only 20 minutes of cooking time (not including time to reach pressure or time to release pressure), this dinner is quick, but it tastes like it’s been in the oven all day.
1. Spinach, Strawberry, Pecan and Feta Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette – This is y’all’s favorite (and mine). It’s inspired by a local restaurant, and the combination is just perfection. I wish strawberries were in season during the holidays, because it’s sort of festive, too.
Thanks so much for a fabulous year, y’all! I hope y’all enjoy the New Year with your family and friends! Here’s to 2015!