Disclosure: This post is sponsored by JORD. I received product in exchange for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
I love Valentine’s Day. Maybe it’s because it’s another fun opportunity to throw together a gift for my husband (after the holidays), but I’m also a hopeless romantic. I love the idea of giving something meaningful to that special someone and spending quality time with them.
Some years, we’ve done small gifts (like favorite snacks) and then there are some years that are a bit more of a splurge. When it comes to my husband, I find that I have to really keep my eyes peeled for gifts for him. He typically purchases what he wants, but there’s always something he doesn’t think of. 🙂
When I first heard of JORD, I thought that these wood watches would make a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day. I have never seen such a unique watch like this before. Their men and women wood watches are completely stunning, and unlike anything I’ve ever seen in stores! So many of their watches caught my eye, but the product I decided to review was their Frankie 35 watch.
The watch was custom-fitted to my wrist as well. I have really small wrists, and while I know you can have watches resized, it’s a nice added touch to have it fitted to your wrist already when you gift it to someone. The wooden watch band that I received was rich and beautiful…the pictures hardly do it justice! I feel like this is a wonderful idea for a Valentine’s Day gift. It’s beautifully packaged, completely unique and I can completely appreciate the range of prices that JORD has available in their watches!
Note: This giveaway is supplied by and coordinated through JORD, and is open to readers in the continental US only over the age of 18. Entries will be accepted until January 29th, 2017. JORD will receive your email address, and it may add you to a mailing list. Winner will be contacted by JORD. All e-gift codes will expire on 3/31/2017.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Source: slightly adapted from Epicurious
- 4 oz. good-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus additional for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and butter an 8-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom of the cake pan with parchment paper.
- Chop the bittersweet chocolate into small pieces, add the butter, and melt the chocolate mixture (by double-boiler or microwave). To melt in the microwave, melt the chocolate mixture in a glass bowl in 30 second increments at 50% power, stirring after each cooking cycle, until melted. To melt in a double boiler, either use a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring well until smooth.
- After the chocolate mixture has melted, whisk the sugar into the chocolate mixture. Add in the eggs, vanilla extract & salt and whisk the mixture well. Sift in 1/2 cup of the cocoa powder over the mixture and whisk until just combined (do not overmix).
- Pour the batter into the cake pan, and bake in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes, or until the top of the cake has formed a thin crust. Remove the cake from the oven, and cool the cake in the pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Invert the cake onto a serving plate.
- Dust the cake with additional cocoa powder and serve with sorbet or ice cream. Enjoy!